Automated Reconciliation for Church Giving Systems is Real…and it’s Amazing!
Automated reconciliation? It’s about time! (50% less time, to be specific.)
Reconciliation has historically been one of the worst nightmares of giving systems. We don’t have to tell you about the challenges of …
- Trying to match batched deposit amounts to specific gifts
- Manually breaking down gifts into their various designations or campuses
- Sorting out gifts according to the various fee schedules they fall into
But now there’s a solution!
Vision2 automated reconciliation cuts processing time in half (or more)
Our mission is to really help churches with the challenges they face around online giving. So creating auto-reconciliation was an important goal for us.
Our short, simple GL files report validates ALL transaction details for you, including:
- Automatically sweeping chargebacks, refunds and any other changes, and attributing them to the right transactions, then updating the GL.
- Attaching unique deposit IDs to transactions so that tracking back transactions to deposits during an audit is a snap!
- Seriously simplifying fund designation posting
What does Laila Vanderpool, CFO of a 7-campus church in Florida, think about Vision2’s auto-reconciliation?
“Vision2’s automated reconciliation is beautiful,” she says. “We used to have to do this manually. Vision2’s report is very comprehensive. We have 36 funds so we could have a file that has giving designations for up to 36 lines, though it typically averages 12-20 lines, rather than, say, 4000+ lines in our previous online giving system.”
“Posting designations is not a problem,” she continues. “This report alleviates so many pain points. I can easily delegate reconciliation to my team now. It cuts the process of reconciliation by at least 50%.”
Other blogposts in this series: