How To Do More Than Just Survive Church Giving Statement Season
Giving statement season (a.k.a. January and February) is a tough way to start a new year of ministry.
You know you’ll survive because somehow you do every year. But if you’ve ever thought, “there must be a better way,” just know: THERE IS.
Meet the Vision2 Giving Statement Generator
Automated individual statements are just one form of reporting that staff (and givers) want and need. If all you want to do is list the who, amount and when of contributions to your church, this may not be too hard. (It can be time-consuming and expensive, however.)
But if you offer (or want to offer) a lot of giving options, accept non-cash gifts, and include every pertinent detail on your statements–while saving TIME and MONEY–you’ll need a giving system that quickly computes all applicable data (via robust data analytics) for each statement and provides real-time delivery.
Imagine offering your givers highly detailed, IRS-compliant, date and time-stamped statements in a fraction of the time and expense you normally spend for each statement … and in real-time.
Vision2’s Statement Generator lets you easily do that by including the following giving details that our system manages, shown below. Does your current system automatically create statements with this level of granularity?
Giving Details Beyond Basics
- Checks of all types (Includes check numbers)
- Credit or debit cards
- Giver type (Individual or organization)
- Giver-selected designations
- Gifts funded against givers’ goals and pledges (in active campaigns)
- Special Gifts (acknowledged without valuation)
- Conduit gifts (DAFs, trusts, foundation gifts)
- Stock (displays name and number of shares, symbol,and security name)
- Quid pro quo gifts (Shows $0 or the value received over the cost of a purchased item)
Giving Statement Delivery Options
- Giving statement button on your website
- Comprehensive online giving portal givers can visit anytime.
- Email and/or text (Sends secure link to giver’s email or phone that allows them to download giving statement without logging into their portal).
- Printing and mailing (To eliminate the cost and time spent printing, stuffing envelopes, postage, and tracking down incorrect addresses, we recommend limiting this method strictly to those who don’t download their statements.)
When you create a statement run for one, some or all of your givers, the system pulls the data in minutes and organizes it into a comprehensive document tailor-made for each giver.
But that’s not all. You also get:
- Metrics for number of emails sent, number of statements downloaded, and number of statements remaining to be downloaded
- A refresh link to update the metrics
- A link to download the recipient list with tracking information
- A button to resend the email to those recipients who have not downloaded their statement
Next time you need to run a statement (or many), remember that giving statement season doesn’t have to last a month or cost a penny*!
Send us a message to see just how easy statements can be.
*Financial savings are dependent on reducing or eliminating statement mailouts.